Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Creature Comforts

Sooo, today I’ve been trying my hand at making my own card toppers.  Inspired by the toppers I bought and used on my ladybird and bee cards, I thought I would attempt to make my own version of these critters.
So, off I trundled to work this morning with my felt (red, yellow and black), some googly eyes and my trusty PVA glue, all set for a mini-crafting session on my lunch break.  Sue, who I sit opposite got excited as I’m always making her little things during moments of boredom with whatever I have to hand – last week was a mini plant pot made out of paper – my first (and so far only) attempt at quilling.

As it got closer, excitement grew about what I might make, but then I realised . . . I had nothing for the wings for the bee, or for the feelers of the little critters.  I decided to make what I could and finish them off at home tonight, and if I do say so myself, they actually looked ok.
Just as I was finishing off doing what I could on the bee, inspiration struck . . . I could indeed make the wings . . . out of the carrier bag I’d brought my crafting stuff in.  I also managed to managed to make the feelers out of twisted bits of paper coloured with black marker.


I am quite impressed with the results.  Pictures are to follow as I didn’t have my camera at work and the ladybird is now stuck on my computer screen, and the bee I gave to my lovely friend Debby, as apparently Deborah is Hebrew for ‘bee’, although she probably isn’t aware that the wings are actually carrier bag.   I’ll upload the photos tomorrow, let me know what you think as I might start selling these.
The lesson of the day is to utilise what you’ve got and you could be surprised at how good it actually turns out, even if you do end up going home with holes in your bag.
Happy crafting!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget