Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Twin Trouble

So, a friend of mine is expecting twins (!) in July, and I thought I would try my hand at making some cot quilts for her, as I’d seen a beautiful patchwork one in an old issue of Crafts Beautiful (http://www.crafts-beautiful.com/). 

I do enjoy sewing, as mostly, I can do it whilst catching up on some TV, which I can’t do whilst making cards, as I have to sit at the kitchen table to do that.  I can also, and have been known to, take my sewing box and fabric to work with me and sit at my desk on my lunch breaks sewing patches together.

So today I have been and bought my fabric.  I have decided to keep it neutral, as even though she has been told she is having girls, it is always better to be on the safe side.  I’ve chosen an ivory and brown fabric with pictures of bears, stars, rattles and hearts in a patchwork effect, and some ivory and brown gingham.  I now just need some wadding (to make it soft and warm), as although I have some, its not going to be enough for two!

I’m very excited to start this project, despite the fact that I now have to cut 140 squares of fabric . . . best get started . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget