Thursday, 17 May 2012

Craft Fairs A-Go-Go

Sooooo, I have my first craft fair booking . . . on Saturday, 16th June in Bramley, Leeds.
I'm very excited by this, but now panicking about how I'm going to make enough stock to sell.  I currently have 28 cards and 0 fabric creations made up.  This is NOT going to be enough.  So, a few busy weeks ahead for me.  I think I am thanking God (and all other deities) for the long jubilee bank holiday weekend before then, so that I have a bit of time to get things made.  Unfortunately, all my other weekdns before the craft fair are booked up.  This coming weekend I am working all day Saturday, and then on Sunday I have a date with my Grandma to (finally) finish off the dress that I was making.  (Blog post with the results of that to follow).  Then the following weekend I have a trip to North Yorkshire for my auntie's 50th birthday shindig.  Luckily, I have already made her card, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Now I just need to have a think about what will sell well.  This is all part of my master plan to give up working at the pub on a Saturday, so I would really like to make some decent pennies from this craft fair.  I'm not expecting too much though, as it is my first.

If you have any ideas about what will sell, please comment below.  I need all the help I can get on this one I think.  I've made up some wedding cards - it is wedding season after all.  I have also been making some ladybirds, bees and butterflies to sell as craft materials, as these are easy to make in my lunchbreaks at work.

I am also thinking I will make up some pin cushions and needle cases, as these have been popular amongst my friends and family. 

Now, I just need to think what else.

Then, hopefully, I have another craft fair on 8th July at St Gemmas, so I will need to carry on with all my making, especially as this is the day after I get back from my holidays!  But, I am currently in no position to turn down craft fair bookings!  I will just have to make sure everything is made before I go on my holiday.  So, apologies in advance if my blog posts are few and far between over the next couple
of months . . . I am just a very busy bee.  I will try my best to keep you updated on my makes and rants as often as I can.

In the meantime . . .

Happy Crafting.

Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget