Saturday, 12 May 2012

Terrific Templates

Sooooo, I was inspired by some cards in the latest issue of Let's Make Cards.  The only problem was that they were made using a Cameo Silhouette machine, which I don't have and can't afford.

The Cameo Silhouette is a machine that you hook up to your computer, like a printer.  It comes with its own software, from which you choose a design and size and then feed your card through the machine, and it will cut that design for you.  Its like an uber-die-cutting machine, which allows you to cut your designs at any size.

Anyway, back to the cards . . .

I fell in love with two of them - Flower Power and Springtime.  They were made using a template (flower/butterfly) with the Cameo Silhouette, cutting different sizes and then layering them up.


For those of you, like me, who don't have the luxury of a Cameo Silhouette, I have discovered a way of making these cards.  It's a little bit faffier than using a Cameo Silhouette, but still quite easy.

You will need:

Paper/Card
Pencil
Photocopier or Scanner and Printer

Draw your design in one size, and then reduce and enlarge the image on a photocopier/scanner and printer.  Reduce/enlarge to the sizes you wish.  However, as a general rule, depending on the size of your drawing, I would copy at 25%, 50%, 70% and 125%.  This will give you five different sizes.  Then simply cut out the photocopies and use them as templates to draw around.  Simple method, but great results, as my cards on this post show.


This butterfly card I think I will give to my Grandma for her birthday, and I think I shall make some more to sell at my first craft fair, which is coming up soon, but more on that later . . . .

In the meantime . . .

Happy Crafting.

Holly xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget