Tuesday, 5 June 2012

Craft Workshops Update

Sooooo, even though I’ve not even had my first workshop brunch yet, I’m planning future ones.  I’ve been having a think about what I can demonstrate and get you all to make, and I’ve been busy lining up guest demonstrators. 

At the first workshop brunch on 15th July in Leeds, we will be making this house pin cushion.  The idea is that you can then use it for future workshops. 


So far, future workshop brunches are going to include:

Knitting;
Crochet;
How to make a needle case (again, for use at future workshops);
How to make card toppers, like the one on this butterfly card;
Cardmaking techniques (rubber stamping, embossing etc.);
How to make porcelain flowers for cake decorating or just for decoration (guest demonstrator, Kay, will be helping us out at this one);
How to patchwork;
How to make Christmas decorations;
Seasonal crafting (e.g. Halloween, Christmas etc.).

I’m also hoping to get a couple of friends involved to demonstrate quilling techniques and how to make a cute sock monkey.

This should take us up to Christmas at least.  I seem to be collecting craft books too, which are providing loads of inspiration, so who knows what else we might make!  Of course, all suggestions are welcome too.

Currently, plans are for the workshop brunches to be once a month, but if they prove popular (fingers crossed), then I will be making them more frequent.

Don’t forget lunch and baking is included at my workshop brunches, as are all materials.

If you would like to become involved in my workshop brunches (attending or demonstrating), please email fairy-elephants@hotmail.co.uk

In the meantime,

Happy Crafting.

Holly

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget