Thursday, 14 June 2012

Strawberry Fields

Soooo, not only do I now have a little strawberry patch in my garden courtesy of my sister, Kay, for supplying the plants and my well fit fiancé, Phil, who did the actual gardening, I now also have a strawberry patch in my house, courtesy of my crafting.

The ones in my house aren’t real strawberries though, they are pin cushions.  I found inspiration from a picture I found whilst browsing Tilly Vanilla’s blog (www.tillyandthebuttons.com) and then spent the rest of that day thinking about how cute they were and how I could make them.  After thinking about it a bit more, I finally attempted one and this is the result:


They are actually really easy to make and I will make them the subject of a ‘How To’ in the future.  They are also great for using up scraps of fabric, as all they need are a small triangle of fabric, enough fabric to make the top and some stuffing.

My first one I gave to my sister for her sewing kit (which I bought he for her birthday, and which hasn’t been used yet), and my second I gave to my friend, Sue, although it will never be used as a pin cushion.  In fact, it currently sits on her desk as a decoration.


Anyway, over the last week or so, I have been making loads for sale at my craft fairs.  I am hoping they will be a big seller, as I love them.  I’m making them in various colours, so admittedly they don’t all resemble strawberries in the strictest sense, but the intention is there.

In addition to the ones I have made for the craft fairs, I have also listed some for sale in my Folksy shop – www.folksy.com/shops/fairyelephants - for the bargain price of £1.50.  I think they would make great little gifts for crafty friends, or as a little treat to yourself. 

I’m thinking of developing the design into larger cushions, but this may take some experimentation.

In the meantime . . .

Happy Crafting.

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget