Wednesday, 15 August 2012

A.L.F

Sooo, I've had a couple of orders recently - from my Grandma and her friend, June, but an order is an order is it not?

Anyway, they have mostly been related to the relaunch of June's daughter-in-law's hair salon, A.L.F in Yeadon.  The salon is moving a few doors up Yeadon High Street and as such good luck cards and gifts have been required.

The first card I made was June's order, with the requirement of lilac and green, with hairdressing things on.  No problem I thought . . . Wrong!  It is extremely hard to find hairdressing-themed craft goodies.  I had mistakenly thought that it would be easy to find a digistamp and I would be able to go from there.

After a couple of hours of trawling the internet for digistamps, I finally found 'Hairdresser Honey' from All That Scraps.,  I think the digistamp was $3, but I thought this well worth it considering the issues I had had finding anything in the first place, so I downloaded it and set to work.

Luckily, I know Amanda, June's daughter-in-law, so I was able to colour the image to match her as much as possible - hair colour for example.  I then stuck to the green and lilac theme for the rest of the colouring.  I also gave the image a green 'halo' to make it stand out - a technique I had come across in one of the many crafting mags I buy.  The main colouring was done using promarkers, and the halo was created using pencil.

It was then simply a case of layering up and embellishing, and I got to use my Sizzix Big Shot, yay!  I used a lilac card blank from an old Let's Make Cards Kit, layered with some lilac pattered paper from one of Dovercraft's Back to Basics 6x6 paper pack, to which I added some purple faux stitching and wrapped this with some purple gingham ribbon.  I think this was from an old Let's Make Card Kit too.  I then used my Big Shot to emboss a rectangle of purple core card with dots.  The core card and embossing folder had come with my Big Shot Starter Kit.  Onto this I then layered the coloured image.

I then die-cut a flourish from some green core card and some flowers from some green patterned paper from a Dovecraft Tea Party paper pack.  I attached these to the card and finished the flower with a large lilac flat-backed pearl from another Dovecraft Tea Party set.

Et voila . . .  one finished card.



The next part of the order was a small bouquet of flowers, again in lilac and green.  I decided on the chrysanthemum style, as I thought that these would look better than the roses. 

I also got a bit carried away and decorated a jar to make a vase for them too.  I used the green and lilac butterflies from the napkins used previously, and 'frosted' the glass using PVA glue.  I then finished it off with a bow of purple gingham ribbon.



The final part of the order was the good luck card from my grandma.  For reasons I have not yet fathomed, as my gran likes cats about as much as me (which is not at all, and strange, considering she is a witch), her only requirement was for it to have a black cat on it.

In my stash I had a few die-cut cats.  I have no idea where I got these from.  There's quite a lot of things in my craft stash that I can't remember where I have got them from.  Anyway, I didn't have a black cat, so drew around another coloured die-cut and just cut it out with scissors.  I then layered this onto a purple wavy-cut square, which was also in my stash and I have no idea where it is from.  

I then attached this to some green patterned paper, which I had received free with an old issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft.  I added some green faux stitching to this.  Before layering this to a white card blank, I wrapped this paper with some purple glittery card (again in my stash) and some green polka-dot ribbon from another old Let's Make Card kit.  

I finished the card by using one of my new Lili Of The Valley stamps to stamp 'Good Luck' in black onto some lilac patterned paper from the Dovecraft Back to Basics paper pack, layered this onto some black card, and then attached the whole thing to the bottom right hand corner of the card over the ribbon.


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget