Monday, 20 August 2012

Another Baby . . .

Sooooo, another baby has been born!  This must be a baby boom year.  And, its another boy!  This is a friend of my colleague, Carly, who has had this baby.  So, a card was ordered.  I am very proud of this card, so wanted to share it with you.


This card took a while to make, and I've used a few different techniques and materials.

The basis of the card was the photo of the baby, which I mounted in a central aperture behind some acetate.  I bordered the aperture with some sticky back ribbon to hide any unsightly raw edges.  the ribbon was part of a new baby ribbon set I bought from Craftwise a while back.  Of course, I'd attached the ribbon around the aperture after covering the card with some blue gingham paper from a Boofle paper pack, which I must remember to get some more of as it is very popular. I then added some blue faux stitching around the edge and set to work embellishing the card.

To start with I printed the baby's details in blue onto white paper and cut this to shape, adding some faux blue stitching around the edge.  I then layered this onto some cream fabric which I cut to a tag shape using pinking shears.  I attached this to the bottom right hand corner of the card slightly overlapping the corresponding corner of the photo and finished with a small blue button threaded with some white twine.

I then tackled the sentiment. Carly had wanted me to use the 'Welcome Little One' stamp I had, which belongs to a Papermania set I bought at The Range a few months back. My original plan had been to use my glue pad and some blue glitter and stamp straight onto the card but the glitter didn't show up very well. So instead I heat embossed a piece of white card using black ink and some clear embossing powder. I then layered this on some blue stars paper which I think came as part of a free papers set with an old issue of Crafts Beautiful. I added further embellishment to this by picking out some of the stars and gluing some shiny blue star confetti that I have had in my stash forever. I think stuck this whole bit to the top centre of the card above the photo (covering the area where I had tried to stamp and glitter the sentiment).

I then picked up the stars again in the bottom left hand corner forming a triangle of stars by gluing a star on every other square to form a triangle shape.

In the top left hand corner I glued a row of 4 buttons in descending size. Some of these came from old Let's Make Cards kits and others were just ones I had lying around in my stash.
Finally, to finish the card, I tied a bow from some blue gingham ribbon from an old Let's Make Cards kit and attached it to the top right hand corner. I then attached the whole square onto a white square blank and the card was finished.

I hope you like this card as much as I do and I will now be taking orders for similar cards for girls and boys.

In the meantime . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget