Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Here Comes The Bride . . . .

. . . she just happens to be a dinosaur!



Sooo, my friend, Mandy, tasked me with the task of briding-up a couple of dinosaurs.  I'm a little unsure on the exact details, but they are for her brother's wedding, and she is doing a reading that involves dinosaurs . . . I think.

Anyway, the idea was to give the bride a veil and the groom a bow-tie.  I drew the line at making him a top hat!!!

 
Both were pretty simple to do really.  The bow-tie is made from some black ribbon I had in my stash, making it into a bow shape and then sewing it to a piece of elastic so it could be attached to and removed easily from the dinosaur.



The veil was a little more complicated, but still not the trauma I envisaged.  



I got half a metre of wide lace from my local haberdashers and cut this into smaller strips.  I then glued the strips together with some fabric glue, overlapping, to make a long veil.  After it had dried, I then sewed some white elastic (shirring) thread to the top and attached to the dinosaur.



See, simple!

Happy Crafting!



Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget