Thursday, 13 September 2012

Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby . . . .

Soooo, today I'm going to show you the results of a recent commission from a friend.

It was for her mum and dad's ruby wedding anniversary so needed to be something special.  I'd had a couple of ideas, but my final inspiration came from a card I had found on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/pin/29273466298942690/) a couple of days after my friend had asked me to make the card.

Anyway, here's how I made it.

First off, I used an A5 size white card blank, and to this I matted a rectangle of red shiny card which I had in my stash and now don't have a clue where I got if from originally.  This was slightly smaller than the card to create a border.  I then matted another slightly smaller piece of white card.  I then die-cut four descended-size border shapes from more red shiny and white card, using a X-Cut magnetic die set.  On the smallest white die-cut card, I added my sentiment in gold.



I then layered this up and matted them to the centre of the card blank.



I then started assembling the ribbon section of the card.  I used red and cream ribbon (with little hearts on), to stay with the 'ruby' theme.



I started by attaching a length of red ribbon at an angle across the bottom of the card.  I then made bows out of both the red and the cream ribbon, with the cream bow slightly smaller than the red.  I attempted to glue the bows to a strip of cream ribbon using fabric glue, but was unsuccessful.  So, I resorted to sewing the bows to the ribbon, adding a little gold heart charm between the bows.



I then attached this to the card at an angle.

Finally, to finish the card, I added a small red heart embellishment to the top right hand corner, and that was the card finished.  

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget