Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Box Clever

Soooo, as promised in my earlier post about Lili of the Valley, here is my post on the gift box I made for my mother for her birthday.  


My mother is always most impossible to buy for, so this year I want for the fail safe - 5 bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk, and a mini bar of Dairy Milk Bubbly (for variety).  I also decided to make a fancy box for her to store her chocolate in.

To make this box was pretty simple.  I used a paper box lid and cut it to shape/size for five chocolate bars stacked up.  It was just the right width and size.  I utilised the creases already in the box lid.  I then covered the outer of the box with some green flowery paper from a Fairytale Princess paper pack.


I took the rest of the colour theme from the image.  I inked the edges of a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece with Tattered Rose Distress Ink (my new addiction) and  attached this to the top of the box using double sided sticky tape.  I wrote the sentiment 'Mother's Chocolate Box' in black onto a piece of narrow white card the same length as the box and attached this to the top also.

I then die-cut a flourish from some pink card.  I think this card came with my Sizzix Big Shot started kit, and I then attached this to the box lid also, tucking the edge slightly under the sentiment strip.  This would then form the stem of a flower.


To make the flowers, I layered up some pink and lilac flowers from my Dovecraft Tea Party paper flower pack, finishing with a flat-backed pearl.  I attached one flower to the top of the flourish and the one to the opposite corner of the box top.


To finish, I packed the box with the chocolate and tied a purple ribbon around the box.


I am very tempted to make some Christmas versions of these boxes using Christmas images and papers.  Hmmm, I'll have a think about that one.  

In the meantime, I am submitting this for my Lili's Little Fairies entry for this week.  The theme is 'Anything Goes', so I'm hoping (fingers, toes, everything crossed) that even though this isn't actually a card, a decorated box will come under the anything goes heading.  Check out some of the other entries (probably better than mine) at http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-min=2012-01-01T00:00:00Z&updated-max=2013-01-01T00:00:00Z&max-results=48.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget