Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Handbags & Gladrags


Sooooo, I have been a very busy bee lately making bags.  My step-mother (non-wicked) and her birthday present has a lot to answer for!  Anyway, I thought I would share some of them with you.
 



The majority have been the same style (with different patterned fabric) as the one I made my step-mum for her birthday, with just a few tweaks, as I found new and easier ways to do things and make small improvements to the bag.  For example, I've now discovered that it is easier to put the handles on before sewing the bag together, rather than doing it last.  Also, to make life a little easier, I have made myself a pattern, so I can just draw around it and cut the fabric, rather than having to measure all of the time.

I've also had some requests for some little lunch-bag size bags.  The first one came from my Auntie Jo:


Again, this was a case of make it up as you go along, but I do like the result.

I have also made a couple for a friend, and I have another in the pipeline, but this time, my customer wants it to have a zip on it.  I'm still trying to figure out how to do this, but I have an idea, now just to see if it works.

I also have an order for a half-size shopper.  This is next week's task I think.  I have made myself a little pattern, I just need to see if it is going to work.

In between all this, I have also been making a few items of clothing.

This one was a dress for my niece.  Only problem was, I measured her about three months ago and have only just got around to making the dress and she has grown loads since then, but it's OK, it will fit my cousin's little girl, so that is where it is now heading.


My next project is a dress I am making for my friend, Debby, and I will keep you updated on that one . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

1 comment:

  1. These are great Holly!! So very clever!! What an awesome gift =)
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget