Saturday, 27 October 2012

Light The Way



Soooo, I bring you another weekend blog post, so that I can bring you my blog challenges entry for this week:


I'm entering this card into both the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge blog for this week (http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/) and the Lili's Little Fairies challenge blog (http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/), whose theme this week is 'A Christmas Card for the Girls'.

To make this card, I followed the sketch on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog.  For the backing card I used some pale pink glittery card I had in my stash and then the two panels were done using paper from a freebie paper pack from Simply Homemade magazine a couple of issues ago.

The image is a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece, which I cut to an oval, as per the sketch.  I then layered this onto a scalloped circle, die cut from my Dovecraft Fairytale Princess paper pack.

Along the top, I attached a piece of pink and white striped ribbon to bring together the stripy paper.  I then stamped three label sentiments using my new Lili of the Valley stamps which I bought today.  I attached these to a piece of sparkly string and attached this along the ribbon.  To tidy up the joins, I then attached three small white roses from Wild Orchid (which I also bought at Lili of the Valley today).

Finally, to finish, and you may not be able to see from the photograph, I added glitter glue to the centre of the roses, the candle flame and the pompoms at the bottom of the girl's scarf.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. Holly, what a gorgeous pink Christmas Card! Love your added sparkles and they do show up!!! This is a beautiful image from Lili of the Valley! Thanks so much for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holly, this is such a pretty pink Christmas card, I love this sweet image from LOTV very cute, love your rose embellishments just the perfect finishing touch to a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a SWEET card Holly!! Super cute image and I love the tiny tag embellishment wishes!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly,
    This is just the Sweetest! What an adorable image and love the soft colors and the words. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, such a stunning card. I love the added little tags. Your image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how absolutely adorable!!! Gorgeous holiday card all done up in pink! Love your sweet image as well as tags and flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh pink Christmas cards are my FAVORITE! Love this one, so pretty. Thanks for joining in the sketchy fun over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty in pink! This is such a sweet, dear card with that pretty LOTV image. You've done such a good job with the sketch too. I just adore this beauty! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget