Monday, 22 October 2012

Lili Love

Sooo, as you have probably guessed by now, one of my favourite craft shops is Lili of the Valley in Farsley, Leeds, and just recently, I have been making loads using their products, and I want to share some of them with you:

This first one was an order from a colleague, and she wanted a trophy, so I gave her a trophy.  The Lili of the Valley on this card is the footballer image, which is actually one of their mini masterpieces (I will be raving about these in a future post).  They are pre-printed and pre-coloured images of some of Lili of the Valley's stamps, and I love them.  Unfortunately, I can't remember where the papers or the ribbons came from - they have been in my stash for a while.  Sorry.  My customer loved this card (or seemed to anyway).


This second card was an order from my auntie.  The Lili of the Valley element is the image, which is the LOTV rugby stamp (yes, I actually stamped and coloured something myself).  The image was stamped with black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder (so I didn't go out of the lines when colouring).  I then coloured with promarkers.  The papers are from a Wellington paper pack I have had for a while and the card was finished with some black and white twine for laces, some gold and silver star confetti and a sentiment from I can't remember where.  

My memory is not doing too well at the moment is it?


This next card does not feature a LOTV image, but rather some of their new papers - Frost Christmas Paper Pad.  I have ranted about this card further in an upcoming blog post.  Hope you enjoy.


This card is a true LOTV creation, using some of the new Classic Christmas Papers and another mini masterpiece.  This was another order from a colleague, and I think I will tell you more about this in a future Christmas-themed post.  If I find time to write one that is with everything else I seem to have to blog about.


This final order from the same colleague resulted in this card:


This was made using papers which I think came from a recent issue of Simply Homemade, and the image is once again an LOTV mini masterpiece.  The card is finished with three stamped presents in the corner.

Moving away from orders and onto more personal ones, this card is my mother's birthday card: 


This card was made using a larger LOTV mini masterpiece to the other cards.  I 'inked' the edges with pink pearlescent poster paint.  I then matted this at an angle to paper from., I think, my Dovecraft Back to Basics paper pack.  I added faux stitching in pink to the edge of this, and then I matted this in turn to some pink starry paper from a Fairytale Princess paper pack.  This was then attached to a square blank.

I then stamped in black a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment next to the image, coloured a peel off with a dark pink promarker and attached this to the bottom right hand corner of the image.  To finish the card, I added flat backed pearls to the corners of the mini masterpiece and added glitter to the dots on the flower petals.

For something a bit different, I made this box for my mother's birthday present (lots of bars of Dairy Milk).  This is the subject of a future blog post, but I will tell you that the LOTV element is the image of the little girl on the front.  Again, this is a mini masterpiece.


Finally, this is my most recent LOTV make:

This was a card ordered by my Grandma for my Grampy's birthday.  Her specification was 'something with aeroplanes on', as my Gramps is a bit of a plane spotter.


The image is an LOTV stamp, stamped with my new obsession - Distress Inks.  This shade is brushed corduroy.  I decided to go for a vintage/sepia theme to match the image.

The papers used are from a Wellington paper pack, with the sandy-brown textured card coming from my craft stash.  I have no idea where this originated from.  I also used my new Spellbinders Nestibilities dies in this card, for the image, the image border and the sentiment border.  The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is also an LOTV stamp, and is also stamped in brushed corduroy distress ink.  To finish off the card, I used some brown ribbon from my stash, to stay with the vintage/sepia theme.  

At the time of writing this, I have not given this card to my grandma yet, so I hope she (and my Grampy) like it.  I also have his card to make from me, which I think will also involve a LOTV image.

I have loads more mini masterpieces to use and I have a monthly pilgrimage to the LOTV shop, so there will be more coming up for you.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget