Sunday, 21 October 2012

New Home

Sooooo, this weekend, I bring you another weekend post.  This is to enable me to enter two blog challenges this week.  I was going to try and post this as a normal week-day post, but I just have so much already scheduled that I want to tell you that I didn't want to move anything, so thought that I would do an extra post this week.

Today, I would like to show you a card which I am entering for the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog challenge (http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/) and the Craft Boots challenge blog (http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/).

My plan is usually to try and make a different card for each challenge, but I have seen other people enter the same card for many challenges, and this card does suit both.



It follows the sketch set out on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog challenge, and also goes with the theme of 'Home' on the crafty boots challenge.

To make this card, I used a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece, cut into a circle.  I added a border with purple fine liner and backed this onto a circle of lilac mulberry paper from my stash.  I then die-cut a scalloped circle from a sheet of star paper from my Dovecraft Back To Basics II paper pack. 

The background was done using yellow card and stars and strips paper from the same paper pack.  I also added some stripy ribbon from my stash, which I thought went quite well colour and stripe-wise.  To finish, I used a Lili of the Valley sentiment stamp, which I stamped using dusty concord distress ink and then backed this onto some yellow card and a flower from my Dovecraft Tea Party flower pack.  I added a yellow star gem to the middle of the sentiment to draw everything together.

As I have used a Lili of the Valley image, I also think I will enter this into this weelk's Lili's Little Fairies challenge (http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/anything-goes.html).  The theme this week is 'Anything Goes'.  I also have another entry for this scheduled for later in the week, so keep popping back.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

11 comments:

  1. What an adorable image. I love how you colored it up. Thanks so much for sharing your darling card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun image for someone that just got a new home. Fantastic coloring. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Holly :-) such a lovely image and the colours and layout are fab :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Lili's Little Fairies Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x
    please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorably sweet image. Love how you colored your image and such sweet papers. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very SWEET card!! Love the image and your papers are gorgeous!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Holly this is a super cute image, I love your colours some of my very favourite and your lovely design papers. This is just the perfect image for someone's new home. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwww, what a sweetie of a card! Super adorable image and such wonderful papers. Love it! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute card, I love the image you have used and your design looks great.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a darling card with such a sweet image. BEautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning creation!
    Just perfect for the Anything Goes Challenge!
    Beautiful colours and love your sweet wee image
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Lili’s Little Fairies this time!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card. So stunning design. I like the colors and that image is so cute. Also love the CAS style design like Plastic cards which make the card POP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget