Thursday, 4 October 2012

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 100 (November 2012)

Soooooo, excitement all round when not one, but two magazines came through the post on Saturday, and one of them was the wonderful Cardmaking & Papercraft, which this month came with a Holly Hobbie paper and stamp set.  I've not had chance to use this at the time of writing this review, but I intend to when I get chance at the weekend.  The suggested projects in the magazine are lovely, and there is even some advice on how to colour the images.

As to be expected, this is a mostly festive issue, but there are one or two none-Christmas projects, but first, let's start with what is possibly the most important part of the magazine, the giveaways:
  • IndigloBlue stamp and FlitterGlu set
  • Penny Black stamps (subscribers only)
  • Promarkers (subscribers only)
  • Recraft book and stitching kit set
  • Woodware stamps
  • tickets to the Country Living Christmas fairs
  • tickets to the Festive Gift Fair
There is also a money off coupon for Hobbycraft.

One of my favourite projects in this issue is, for the first time I think, the cover card, which uses festive baroque images, which look great as silhouettes or with colour added to the images.  I also had the thought that these images would look great incorporating the current nordic trend, by stamping in red and leaving as silhouette.

This issue also has Christmas decoration ideas, including baubles and other tree decorations, candles, banners and door hangers.  I even made an attempt at one of the ideas, this ribbon tree:


I'm going to make some more of these, and have even ordered some jingle bells so add to these to make them all jingly.

Quick makes has some lovely card ideas, I particularly like the 'Happy Holidays' card.  The best part is that some of these use free digistamps from Birds Cards.  This feature also has some lovely non-Christmas cards.

Once again, I wish I had the patience for quilling, as Dorothy Wood's Winter Morning feature has some gorgeous cards.  Maybe I'll have some patience one day to attempt some of these.  At least if you just change the colours on the step-by-step card, it could be a lovely spring-time card.

This month's masterclass is triple embossing, which looks interesting and I may one day try it out

Other projects include:
  • 6 ideas with paper scraps
  • the cardmaker's guide to handwriting greetings
  • 3 ways with sketches
  • ideas for the bonus papers
  • Dawn Bibby's 3 ideas with glitter
  • 6 ideas with ricrac
  • an advent calendar
  • 3 ideas with lace stamps
  • 5 ideas with festive dies
  • upcycle with old books.
I have really enjoyed this issue and I am looking forward to using the free gift at the weekend.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget