Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Review: Simply Homemade - Issue 22

Soooo, at the time of writing this blog post, I have actually had Issue 22 of Simply Homemade for a week, and I still haven't made any of the projects - I have just been such a busy bee recently, it would seem doing nothing, but I don't seem to have had any spare time.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, shall I start the review:

This issue's freebies are a festive journal, digital download papers, postcards and toppers, and an A1 design sheet.  There are also plenty of giveaways this issue, including:

  • Russian Doll kits from Seek It Out
  • a copy of Modern Designs for Classic Quilts
  • a copy of Crocheted Accessories
  • tickets to the Nottingham Bead and Craft Show
  • Trimits bead sets
  • The Ribbon mini makes kits
  • a copy of Cookie Craft
  • Gutermann Sew-All thread and scissor sets
  • vouchers for The Bead Shop Scotland
  • Macaroon knitted purse kit
  • a copy of Art in Felt & Stitch
  • Funky Chicken accessories
  • Christmas gift box sets
  • Vilene Bondaweb
  • Beader's Companion sets
  • tickets to the Christmas Craft Shopping Experience.
Right, so in this issue there are some Christmas projects, but, thankfully, they are not solely Christmas projects.  One of my favourite non-Chritsmas projects if the Size Matters height chart which features a sun flower and various critters.  Best of all, all templates are included.

I also like the beaded bow tree decorations in Festive Ribbons.  There are also necklaces in this project feature.

Of the knitted projects, I love the arm warmers, which are really just long, fingerless gloves.  These would make a great gift for someone in various colours.

An usual project is some Christmas tree decorations made using drinks cans, including one that lights up.  If I wasn't so accident prone and know that I would probably injure myself making these, I would give them a go. 

Also in this issue are:
  • wreaths and decorations made using Sizzix dies
  • decorated candles
  • stained glass window biscuits
  • fabric gift bags
  • decorated 3D letters
  • gift baskets
  • storage boxes
  • bracelets
  • key rings
  • kilt pins
  • bookmarks
  • hair combs
  • specs chains and cords
  • crocheted seacreature mobile
  • a baking bag and
  • decorated jars
Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget