Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Abracadabra

Sooo, this evening I bring you my first make of the day . . . this cute card featuring Lili of the Valley's boy wizard (again, I used a mini masterpiece).



This young man is being entered into the following challenges:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday (which I won last week by the way - yay for me) - http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/
Top Tip Tuesday (kids/teens) - http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-90-kids-teens.html
Incy Wincy Designs (hip to be square) - http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/hip-to-be-square.html
Moving Along With The Times (seeing stars) - http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/seeing-stars-challenge.html
Cute Card Thursday (Starry, Starry Night) - http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.co.uk/

I have loved this image since I bought it and have been waiting to use it, but have been lacking the inspiration.  Then, this morning I saw the sketch on Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and the card design just popped into my head - it happens like that sometimes.

Anyway, this is the sketch:


Unusually for me, I have not faffed with the sketch this time.

I have used Dovecraft Back to Basics II papers (the boy papers, as I refer to them), a ribbon from my stash and some black card.

I cut the oval shapes myself - I really need to get some oval dies - Hobbycraft opens in Guiseley today, but I have no time/money until next week to go.  I don't think I've done too bad a job.

The stars are also from my stash and the sentiment is a freebie from www.pinkcatstudio.com, which I printed out and coloured the stars in using blue sparkly and silver gel pens.

The image, sentiment and stars are attached using sticky fixers to give the card some dimension.

This was actually quite a quick card to make and I really like it.  

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

11 comments:

  1. oh this is cute .. love that image
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our star challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly congratulations on your win last week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. I just love your card this is an awesome little masculine card I'm bias as I have boys. Love your colours, design papers and embellishments. This is a lovely sketch and I'll definitely using it again. You've done so well cutting you ovals out free hand great work mine would be wonky. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, this is precious. Congrtas on winning this past week. Your cards are awesome. We really appreciate your joining us.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you indeed! Congratulations on your win!! This card is amazing. I love that little LOTV image and those dots are fantastic. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win!! And what a darling card you've created for this week's sketch too!! Such a cutie of an image, so perfect. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your cards Holly - this one is so super cute!! I adore that image and your coloring has brought him to life!! So glad you are playing along with us each week here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday =)
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific kids birthday card, love the colored image & super interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining our Kids/Teens challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great card Holly. Beautiful image especially for a boy's birthday and fantastic coloring too. Terrific job cutting the oval - wouldn't have known it was freehand if you hadn't called it out. Congrats on last week's win. So glad to have you playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so magical! Love the adorable image and your wonderful coloring.Happy You could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Love how you have used the sketch. Thank you for playing us at Incy Wincy Challenge!
    Kaia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. That image is such a cutie and I love how you've coloured him up just perfect for our challenge. The design with the stars and ribbon makes it perfect. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget