Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Ahoy There

Sooo, this is the reason why my previous card was not my best work.  I've had this card on my brain all day:



This is the card for my fiance's nephew's 6th birthday next week and I am entering it into the following challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday (kids & teens) http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-90-kids-teens.html
CRAFT challenge (use fabric) http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/craft-challenge-181-use-fabric.html.

The inspiration for this card came from the LOTV mini masterpiece I used, and kind of developed from there.

I made the paper for the chest and the inside of the card myself, using a brown marker and brushed corduroy distress ink.  

While that was drying, I covered the front of the card in some sea-coloured paper and folded into an easel card.  I also inked the edges of the image in brushed corduroy also.

I covered the inside of the card with my wood effect paper and then from what was left I cut a treasure chest shape.  I added detailing to the treasure chest using a gold gel pen.  I then added the image.  I layered this onto some gold card, cut around to form a narrow border and attached to the easel.

I then cut a narrow strip of gold card and attached this to the inside to 'hold' the easel.  I covered this in double sided sticky tape and then sprinkled gold, silver and bronze sequins along this, to look like treasure.  I also added some 'treasure' to the front of the card.

To finish, I printed the sentiment, layered it onto gold card and added to the inside of the card.  I then added Tom's name and made a jolly roger flag from a magnum stick and a scrap of skull and crossbones fabric I had in my stash.

I hope Tom likes it.  Before that though, it will be going on display at my craft fair at the weekend.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx




5 comments:

  1. Hi..Lovely card, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project and thanks for sharing with us at craft

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is fabulous! The coloring is perfect and it comes complete with a treasure too! Beautiful work here and perfect for our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. Thank you so much for joining us. :)
    hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great easel card idea. I love the treasure, and your flag...and your image is wonderfully coloured. Thanks for joining the Kids & Teens Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget