Saturday, 10 November 2012

Baby's 1st Christmas

Sooooo, my second post of the day is a card I actually managed to make while my nieces were still at mine - they were playing shoes shops in the other room so I quickly escaped into my craft room and starting making this card.  Of course, it took all of about 30 seconds for Evie to follow me, and the Georgia not long after.  But they seemed quite happy to sit and watch me make, whilst asking a million questions.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:


Anyway, this is my card:



I used my new Baby's First Christmas stamp from Lili of the Valley.  I stamped in black and then coloured using promarkers.  I coloured in a blue theme, knowing that I would be making this into a boy's 1st Christmas card.  A girl one will be following soon.

To construct the card, I followed the sketch on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday blog challenge, which involved using three strips of paper, along with a backing paper, and an image.

I edged my image using broken china distress ink and then matted it onto some patterned paper I got from a free paper pack with a recent magazine - I can't remember which.  I also used this paper as my main background paper to cover the front of the card.  

I then cut three strips of paper - the snowflake and stocking paper was from the same paper pack as above and the central 'merry christmas' paper, which you can't see very well is from Lili of the Valley's Frosty Christmas paper pad.

To follow the sketch, I added a strip of lace along the top, which I had tried to ink with broken china distress ink, but you can't really tell and it probably looks better white rather than blue anyway.

I attached the image using a silver peg - a freebie with the latest issue of Let's Make Cards.  I stamped two tags using broken china distress ink - Christmas Wishes and a blank.  On the blank I wrote 'Baby's 1st Xmas' in glittery blue gel pen.  I attached these to the top right hand corner of the card and finished with a silver snowflake from my stash.

Ta! Da!

Maybe I will get on with some more tomorrow (fingers crossed) after I have been to the Remembrance Day parade in Guiseley.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

10 comments:

  1. Awwww, how absolutely adorable!! Love your image and lace. Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    Such an adorable card. Perfect image of a baby's first Christmas. Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi holly, your image is just precious. I love your adorable papers and image. Thanks for sharing your card with us. Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Holly this is such a sweet image, especially for a little one's first Christmas. Love your colours and add embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely card with this adorable image. Gorgeous in blue.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Anything Goes” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet, lovely card. Helen DT-SSW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Holly - this card is the Sweetest!! Love the image and the soft colors are so perfect!! Love to see your cards here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww this is gorgeous. I love the cute image and you colouring is beautiful.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovley card, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget