Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom


Sooooo, recently friend Carly asked me to make a 2nd birthday card for her friend's daughter, and it have to be Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom themed.  Now, despite previous rants about other children's programmes, I actually don't mind Ben & Holly, and have been known to sit quite engrossed in it.  I feel that I am invested in it as one of the characters has my name, and one of my niece's friends actually does call me 'Princess Holly'.  It is done, I think, by the same people who make Peppa Pig, but I much prefer Ben and Holly.

Anyway, this is the card I made:


I hand-drew the Ben and Holly image and then outlined the characters in black to make them stand out a bit more.  I coloured this in with a mixture of promarkers, berol fine liners (felt-tips basically) and some outliner pens in various colours.  I then layered this onto some pink glittery card from my craft stash.  I think, if I remember correctly, that this card actually came as part of my free gift when I subscribed to Crafts Beautiful magazine.  I then layered this onto some pink stars paper from my fairy princess paper pack.  I have nearly run out of this particular paper now and am wondering whether you can buy just this pattern?  Some research may be required there.

I'd inked the edges of this paper with Victorian Velvet distress ink and then wrapped some pink gingham ribbon around each corner.  Note to self - I also need some more of this ribbon.  I then write the sentiment on plain white card, layered this onto some pink glitter card and attached this at an angle at the bottom of the Ben & Holly image.  All this was then layered onto a square white blank.

To finish, I added a pink glittery '2' in the top right hand corner of the Ben & Holly image and added a flower to the top left hand corner.  This was made using two flower die-cuts from my Dovecraft Tea Paper flower pack, with a pink gem attached to the middle.  Finally, I added pink star gems quite randomly to the pink stars paper.

I took this card into work the following day to give to Carly and immediately got an order for a similar card from another friend, Lynsey.  This card has to be a bit more special though, because it was for her daughter's second birthday.  Again, we were sticking with the Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom theme.


 For this one, I again used a Ben & Holly image, which I hand-drew and coloured in the same way.  I then die-cut this using my X-cut frame dies.  I also cut a slightly larger frame shape in pink glitter card.  I layered this, again, onto some pink stars paper and again inked the edges of this in Victorian Velvet distress ink. 

I also inked the edges of a kraft label with Victorian Velvet and threaded it with some pink dotty ribbon.  Another note to self - I also need some more of this!  On the label I stuck the name 'Emmy' in pink sparkly letters and I attached this to the card with the edges of the ribbon attached to the bottom left hand corner of the image.  I made another flower, this time using three flowers from the Dovecraft Tea Party pack, a flower-shaped button and a pink gem.  Overlapping the bottom right-hand corner of the image, I stick a pink, dooty '2', which although you can't see from the photograph, is also glitterly.

To finish off, I die-cut a white scalloped circle and wrote the sentiment in pink fine-liner.

I think I enjoyed making this second one more, as I kind of knew what I was doing.  Let's see if I get any more to do.  I wonder if boys would want Ben and Holly cards, with blue glitteryness?  Hmmm . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget