Sunday, 18 November 2012

Blossom Girl

Soooo, I seem to be addicted to easel cards and have made yet another.  This is for sale at my craft fair next weekend.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

The Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge (lavender) - http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/november-colour-challenge.html
A Gem of a Challenge (ribbon & lace) - http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/.

The sketch on SSW is:



And here is my card:


I have again taken a few liberties with the sketch - for example, half the sketch is missing the card background when the finished card is 'easeled' and again I used a square image.  Same as The Little Mermaid card really (http://fairyelephants.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/the-little-mermaid.html).

I used a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece and inked the edges using dusty concord distress ink.  In fact, all edges have been inked in the same.

I then printed some freebie paper from Birds Cards (www.birdscards.com) and cut this with a funky edge to back the image.

I lined the inside of a lilac blank with some more freebie paper from Birds Cards.  In fact, all the papers on this card are freebies from Birds Cards.  I wrapped this paper with some lace before attaching to the card.  

I then started on the front:  Folding the front in half to create the easel I cut two pieces of cloud paper and attached these to the two panels on the front.  I chose clouds to add to the impression that the little girl is in mid-air sitting on this branch.

I then started on the sketch.  I chose three more purple papers from Birds Cards - a stripey, a check and a geometric circles pattern and cut them to the size and shape of the sketch.  I then wrapped the sketch in lavender and silver ribbon before attaching the whole thing to some white card to give it more stability when it is 'stood up'.

I then attached the image, a paper flower and the happy birthday sentiment.

I've left space on the bottom/inside of the card for it to be personalised with a name, but I think it looks OK as blank space.

Fingers crossed it wins something in a challenge.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Holly, lovely pastel colours and thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl challenge to use lavender hues! Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super duper sweet! Love the cute papers and darling image. Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous card. You have really been busy and must like this fun sketch. I love it too. You have done an amazing job with all three of your cards. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have been BUSY this week! This one is sooper cute. I love that purple gingham paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWZA, beyond words adorable!!! Love, love, love your card!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Holly. I love the sweet image, the pretty coluors and fabulous layout.

    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute!! I think you like the inspiration of this sketch AND I think I like, no LOVE the results!! Such a sweet card - I have used this stamp from LotV and I just love it!! So glad you are playing along with us this week!! Always love to see your creations!!
    Blessings - Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the image and pretty pastel colours. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget