Friday, 23 November 2012

Christmas Carols

Soooo, I won't be bringing you too many cards this weekend as I am at a Craft Fair Saturday at Sunday.  If you live nearby, please come down.  It is in aid of Bramley Small Animal Rescue and is on between 10am and 4pm at Swinnow Community Centre.

Anyway, to keep you going over the weekend, here is the card I made tonight when I got in from work:



I love the image on this card, which is a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece.  I could actually be tempted to get the stamp for this one.  We shall see when I have some pennies.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Lili's Little Fairies (anything goes) - http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/anything-goes.html

Crafty Creations Challenges (christmas is coming) - http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/197-christmas-is-coming.html

Top Tip Tuesday (kids/teens) - http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-90-kids-teens.html

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/


As usual, I have faffed with the sketch a little - I have not used an oval image (not sure I can face trying to draw and cut out an oval again), but a frame shape, die-cut using my X-Cut frame dies.  I like the effect and it is not that different to an oval I don't think.

I have also used LOTV papers from the Classic Christmas paper pad, and a green blank.

The gold ribbon is from my stash.

I made the poinsettia using my Marianne Creatables dies and a gold sparkly pen for the middle part.

The sentiments I stamped on red paper with my LOTV Christmas label stamps and decorated with a holly stamp from my stash.

Hope you like it.

Happy Crafting!

Holly xx



9 comments:

  1. Oh Holly, this is absolutely gorgeous. I love your little embellishments. Sooo cute!! Your image is precious. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    This is stunning, great picks of papers and your coloring is super. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely precious!!! Darling card through and through. Good luck at the craft fair. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so cute! Love those little carolers! Thanks so much for getting sketchy with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Holly - I have been looking for Christmas Plaid DP... love yours!! Love this stamp as well - LotV are some of my favs!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Holly this card is really beautiful, I just love this LOTV image just so so cute. Love your papers and added embellishments. I don't know how you've crafted for so long without an oval die. Once you've bought them there's no looking back. I think you do so well cutting them our free hand. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Holly. Love the image it is stunning. Gorgeous papers and layout. Hope your craft fair went well! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations, regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic Holly! Love the LOTV image and your embellishments are just perfect here. Well done and thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your very festive card! The carolers are adorable and it's a perfect card for kids. :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Have a great one!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget