Saturday, 3 November 2012

Christmas Fairy

Soooo, I'm now bringing you another weekend blog post - and yes, that is two in one day!!  Again, this is to enter some challenges - those that I couldn't enter with the card I posted this morning.

This card I have made for my niece, Evie, for Christmas, as the Lili of the Valley image looks just like her - when she wants to be nice and angelic that is (usually when she is asleep).


I am entering this for these blog challenges:
To make this card I took a blue blank from my latest Let's Make Cards kit and cut strips of paper from the Lili of the Valley Frosty Christmas Paper Pad to make vertical stripes.  I edges these with broken china distress ink before attaching them to the card blog.  I hope that the spotty paper covers the theme for A Gem of a Challenge.

I then used a mini masterpiece from Lili of the Valley.  I am quite addicted to these, but as I can't always afford to buy every stamp, and by colouring isn't quite as amazing as Bev Rochester's (who colours these), they come in very handy.  Again., I inked the edge of the image using broken china distress ink.  I then layered this onto another paper from the Lili of the Valley Frosty Christmas paper pad.  I then stuck this just off centre (vertically).  I added some spots of stickles glitter to some of the snowflakes and to the trim on the fairy's dress, as you can never really have too much glitter.

I then set about embellishing the card.  Using broken china distress ink again, I stamped three tags from the Lili of the Valley Christmas tags set.  I stamped 'Let It Snow', 'Merry Christmas', and a blank tag on which I then wrote 'niece' after having to look up which way round the I and the E went - it just doesn't look right whichever way you spell it.  I stamped these onto the same paper I had used to back the mini masterpiece.  I then attached the 'niece' tag to the top right hand corner of the image and the other two tags to the opposite corner.

Over the corner of the 'niece' tag, I attached a blue die-cut poinsettia - I die cut this myself from my new Marianne Design die, which also embosses for you.  Over the other tags I attached a large blue Wild Orchid rose, which I got from the Lili of the Valley shop in Farsley on my last trip.  I added some more stickles glitter to the centre of both the poinsettia and the rose.

Finally, I added a wonky line of sequin snowflakes in the bottom right hand corner of the card.

I  think this covers all the themes - it contains a fairy, snow and spots.  It probably won't win anything, but I am quite proud of it and I think Evie will love it.  In fact, it looks a lot like I expect she will look when she is my bridesmaid in December as they are wearing blue, and after much negotiation with my eldest niece, Georgia, to wear blue, they are also having fairy wings!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


3 comments:

  1. So, so pretty. Adore the colours. Fabulous layout - great card. Thank you for joining us over at Lili's Little Fairies, hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Holly - what a gorgeous card you've made, love the colours and the little tags. Thanks for joining in with Lili's Little Fairies challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww such a cute image love the blue DPs great design..

    Thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC this time

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget