Monday, 19 November 2012

Gone Fishing!

Sooooo, today I want to share with you the card I made for my step-father's birthday recently.

He is a keen angler (keeps him out of my mum's hair), and when I saw this Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece at the Great Northern Papercraft Extravaganza I just knew that I had to have it (along with all the others too, but that is a minor detail).

I'd already downloaded the 'Keep Calm and Go Fishing' digistamp from Pink Gem Designs and had intended to do something with that along the lines of this card I found on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/29273466299190751/.  I'd even ordered some fishing-themed embellishments from Ebay.  However, my original idea went out of the window when I saw the mini masterpiece.  I still managed to use everything I had originally intended, just with the added mini masterpiece, and this was the end result:



Along with the materials listed above, I also used some card I got free when I got my Sizzix Big Shot and I stamped 'Birthday Wishes' using brushed corduroy distress ink and a Lili of the Valley postmark stamp.

I hope my step-father likes it.  

I even managed to tie his present in with the theme of his card, having bought him a 'Keep Calm and Go Fishing' mug, which I have filled with sweets.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget