Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Having A Snooze

Soooo, I know a lot of you who read this blog actually know me personally, so you know that in recent weeks/months, I've been undergoing a few tests for health problems that mean I spend most of my time asleep (or as much as I can anyway - work gets in the way of this, and I don't think attempting to have an afternoon nap at work would go down very well).  Anyway, I seem to be going off on a tangent as usual.

I thought that in light of my recent Sleeping Beauty impression, it would be apt to share this card with you.  I didn't actually make it with my sleeping issue in mind, but I couldn't help making comparisons:


I actually made this card for my Grampy for his birthday a couple of weeks ago, as I liked the image and could just picture this as being my Grampy when he was younger (in between working 70 hours a day of course - he will swear that he worked more hours than there actually is in the day, and that I don't work hard enough (the three jobs I had at the time of that comment clearly weren't enough!)).

This is another Lili of the Valley image - a mini masterpiece (I think these are amazing and more will be coming up on these), which I inked using Forest Moss distress ink, and then backed with some green card.  

The papers are from a Boofle paper pack and again I backed these with some green card.

The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment was stamped in Forest Green distress ink, using the Lili of the Valley postmark stamp set, and the postmark comes from the same set and is stamped in Brushed Corduroy distress ink.  I used the same green Boofle paper as on the card, but edged this with Brushed Corduroy distress ink.

Finally, I finished off the card with some ribbon and string from my ribbon stash (no idea where these came from) and hand-wrote 'Grampy' to attach to the corner, just to give it some personalisation.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget