Wednesday, 14 November 2012

It's A Bear Thing

Sooooo, how lucky are you today - a very rare second post for the day.

Having come back from dance class and a bit more awake than I have been for most of the day (it must be that pulled muscle I now have from all that stamping . . . err, I mean dancing!), I decided to sit down and make a card.  I've not made many in the last few days as I've been sewing bags for my craft fair next weekend.  But, I have also realised that my card stocks seem to be low, so now I have finished my sewing I thought it best to get on with some cards.

My inspiration for this card actually comes from two challenges I am going to enter it for:

Fab n Funky (http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-147-lets-see-those-bears.html), where the theme is 'Let's See Those Bears' and Sweet Sketch Wednesday (http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/), who provided the layout for me.

I will also be entering this card into the Allsorts Challenge (http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/), which is 'Young at Heart', and the Crafty Hazelnuts challenge (http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/) 'For a Man or Boy'.

Anyway, this is my card:



It is made using Lili of the Valley Classic Christmas papers, which I matted onto plain red card, and the Teddy and Robin mini masterpiece, which I matted onto a scalloped circle of a matching paper.  The scalloped circle was cut using a Spellbinders Nestability.  I originally cut a too small circle, but didn't realise this until I'd pretty much stuck it down, but it gives the image a decoupage effect - as it in stands out from the card a bit more thanks to that extra layer.

The ribbon is from my stash.  I think it came as a huge set from Studio Cards of all places.

The poinsettia I made myself using a Marianne die, and finally, the sentiment is a white peel off from my stash, which I stuck to a piece of plain red card.

Et Voila!  One Christmas card.

I'll hopefully be back with another one tomorrow, if not, you will just have to wait until the weekend.  But right now, I am shattered from all that exertion at dancing, so I going to bed to finish watching Finding Nemo, which I fell asleep watching last night.

All together now . . . Fin! Noggin! Duuuuude! 

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Holly, this is absolutely adorable. You have colored up your image to perfection. I love your paper and darling flower. Thanks so much for sharing this precious card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, don't forget to comment so that your card will be entered into the grand prize drawing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly - I love this sweet little bear - and the papers are fabulous!! I love the red on the Kraft!! Always so happy to see you play along here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you - Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card!! Thank you for sharing your bear with us at Fab'n'Funky this week, good lucky

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card. Great choice of paper and colours. Love your image! Thank you for taking part in our challenge this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly,
    Such a sweet image and wonderful coloring. Your color combo is one of my favorites. Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that little bear is so stinkin' cute! Love it. Thanks for getting sketchy with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Holly what a wonderful card, I just love this little Bear. Wonderful colours, great design papers and lovely embellishments. All the perfect requirements for a great card. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    P.S As Nancy said if you want to be considered for the grand prize, don't forget to comment on SSW and also edit your posting and add our sketch. Take care Hugs Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute bear - delightful card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 98 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How absolutely darling!!!! Love that adorable bear and your fabulous papers!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, what a cutie. Lovely card, Holly. I love the colours and great patterns. Your adorable bear is just perfect too.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable and so gorgeous, love your cute bear.
    Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card! I love the colors you used for this bear! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge. I hope you join in on the fun again soon!

    Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget