Monday, 26 November 2012

Merry Penguins

Soooooo, sorry for the lack of creations over the weekend - I was at my most successful craft fair yet, and as it was run by my cousin-in-law-to-be I got to spend a bit of time with my soon to be aunties and uncles in laws.

Anyway, today's card is actually an order as a result of the craft fair and aren't these penguins just adorable?



I based this card on the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday:


So I am entering it into their challenge this week - http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/.

As I usually do though, I have not stuck exactly to the sketch.  In fact, I turned it 90 degrees to the left.

I am also entering this into the Crafty Creations challenge - http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/197-christmas-is-coming.html - where the theme this week is Christmas Is Coming, and Crafty Hazlenuts Christmas Challenge - http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/chnc-challenge-100-for-someone-special.html - where the theme is Someone Special.

As I have used a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece, I will also be entering this into this week's Lili's Little Fairies challenge - http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - where it is an Anything Goes week.

So, to make this card, I used my new Framelits oval dies to die cut the mini masterpiece into an oval a la the sketch.  I also die cut some greeny-blue paper which came free with an issue of Crafts Beautiful into an slightly larger oval.

I then printed some paper from Nigel May's Christmas CD-Rom, cutting a larger piece for the backing paper and a smaller piece for the rectangle at the bottom.  I edged these with broken china distress ink.  I also edged the star paper with the same and used this as the main background paper.

The ribbon is a Tilda ribbon I got free when I subscribed to Simply Homemade.  I also made the bows from the same ribbon, and as this card is for that most special person - an auntie - I stamped a Lili of the Valley tag onto the same paper as the oval frame and wrote 'auntie' in green glittery pen and attached this underneath the central bow.

And here you have one card.  Now, to get on with the rest of the orders.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


9 comments:

  1. I love penguins on cards and love those bows too - super card - thanks for joining my CHNC challenge 100 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holly you have been very busy what a pretty card and such yummy colours. I love those little penguins how cute it this image very cute!!! Great design papers. Wonderful card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you look at these cutie penguins!!! They are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute to add those bows at the bottom. Your image is adorable. And, I love those cute papers. Thanks for stopping by and joining us.
    Hugs, Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable penguins!! Love this card!! So happy for you and your successful Craft Fair - how awesome!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling card! Love these sweet little penguins and the rotating of the sketch. The bows are so perfect here. Well done Holly and thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute card, darling image and love those bows. Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh those little penguins are so dang cute it's crazy! Thanks so much for sharing your darling card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Holly! How cute is this?! I just love the little penguins!! And the bows are the perfect touch!! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's challenge at Lili's Little Fairies. Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget