Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Moshi Monsters


Soooo, this is card I wanted to share with you which I made for a friend’s niece.



Apparently she is into Moshi Monsters, and I will admit that I didn’t have a clue what Moshi Monsters were.  A little bit of internet research later, and at least I knew what they looked like, although I still don’t have a clue what they are.  Anyway, I still set about making the card.

To do this card I was very excited to have finally got my new printer – I did attempt to draw the characters and the Moshi Monsters logo but, maybe it was just tiredness, I just couldn’t do it.  Anyway, as my new printer had arrived, I got my darling fiancĂ© to give me a quick crash course in using a program he uses to design websites etc. called Corel.  I wouldn’t say I’m an expert now, but I at least know the basics.  I am still using my learning method of ‘let’s click this and see what happens’ though, so still a little bit nervous that I might break the whole thing.

Anyway, once I had got used to Corel, I started designing the image for the card, which comprises a picture of some of the characters (do not ask me which), the logo and some text.  I then printed this off, cut it to a square and matted it to some orange card.

I decided to stick wit the colour scheme of the logo – so orange and green – and cute a square of green swirly paper to cover the front of this card.  This paper came from a Dovecraft Back to Basics paper pack.  I wrapped some orange ribbon around this and then stuck the image at an angle (I do like my jaunty angles).

To finish, I added a green brad in the top left-hand corner of the image, which actually came with the Christmas Merry Magic kit I got a while ago.  I added a 9 to the top right-hand corner (as the card was for a nine-year old) and an orange rhinestone in the bottom two corners.

Et Voila!  One Moshi Monsters card.  Now, if I could just find out what a Moshi Monster actually is . . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget