Sunday, 4 November 2012

Pink Christmas

Soooo, I think this will be my last post of this weekend, but I think that I have spoiled you with all my creations.  Fingers crossed I can be so creating next weekend too, but I do now have my new toy to play with - my mother has let me have my birthday and Christmas present early (my birthday is Christmas eve) - and I am now the proud owner of a new Brother sewing machine.  This means that my ancient Singer is now up for sale, so if you know of anyone who may be interested, please let me know.  It really is ancient though.  

Anyway, onto the card:



This one is to be entered into the Less is More challenge - http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/ - where the theme this week is Pink.

This challenge has really had me flummoxed this week.  The idea of the Less is More challenge is to have as little on the card as possible - no embellishments, no layering, nothing!  I think when I first started out making cards earlier in the year I would have found this pretty simple, but my cards are getting more and more, I think flamboyant, is the word as my stash has grown and I've learned new techniques.  Anyway, inspiration finally struck this afternoon.

To make this card I have used victorian velvet distress ink to stamp the Christmas tree image using the free stamp from the latest Let's Make Cards kit, and a Merry Christmas stamp I had in my stash.

It has to be quite possibly the quickest card I have made and very easy to reproduce.  I'm now waiting expectantly for the orders to flood in (fingers crossed).

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea for Christmas cards... quick to make, pretty to look at and not too fat for regular postage!
    Great job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute tree and very lovely creation.
    Monica xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget