Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 112 (December 2012)

Soooo, this is the last Christmas issue of C&P and it comes with some fabulous Christmas stamps and some downloadable Christmas papers, along with some makes using these to inspire you.

One of my favourite projects this issue is Traditional Christmas, which has a mix of stamping, heat embossing and paperpiecing to make some lovely traditional-style Christmas cards, including baubles, the three kings and a partridge in a pear tree.  My favourite though is little town of bethlehem . .  cue me singing (squarling, whatever) some Christmas carols, starting with O Little Town of Bethlehem and Moving onto Little Donkey via Silent Night.

Anyway, as usual, I am going off on a tangent

I think the 6 Ways With Ribbon Trees features is great - a few different ideas of how to use ribbons to create Christmas trees for a fast, easy, but really effective card.

My Wedding Invitation
 - made using the glitter stamping
 technique
Kids' corner has a great Christmas tree for the kids to make using paper hearts.  I think I might give this page to my sister as an idea to keep the nieces quiet for an hour or some in the Christmas holidays.

I also really like the 3 Ideas With Glitter Art feature.  I have a glue pad so might try out this technique a bit more.  I actually utilised this technique when making my wedding invitations, but this has given me some more ideas

As you can probably imagine, I love the shoe card in 5 Ideas For Winter Birthdays, which features girly-shaped cards, including a perfume bottle, a hat, a handbag, a dress, and, of course, the all important shoe!

I also like the 3 Ideas For Strictly Fans, made using Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, and I just so happen to be writing this review whilst watching Strictly . . . coincidence?


Other projects include:

  • Some cute Christmas cards made using one owl stamp
  • Hidden messages cards
  • A cute bluebell card (subscribers only)
  • Loads of Christmas-themed Quick Makes
  • Shaker cards
  • Ideas for your bonus papers
  • Christmas table decorations
  • Leoni Pujol's vintage Christmas card
  • Make a post box for Santa
  • Upcycle your empty boxes
  • Ideas using Graphtec Silhouette Cameo
  • Tartan cards
  • New Year cards.
The winner of Cardmaker of the Year is also announced in this issue - well done to Andrea Willis.  I think I will most definitely enter this next year.  I'm getting some confidence, having won a couple of challenge blogs recently, and I'm also getting used to the disappointment when I don't win, so, yes, I think I will enter a few categories next year.


Now, onto the all important giveaways, and this month you could win:

  • Bella goodies from Wild Rose Studio (subscribers only)
  • Lucy Cromwell Papermania sets (subscribers only)
  • Katy Sue Designs goody bag
  • Amy Tangerine Ready Set Go goodies
  • Little Claire goody bags
  • Waltzing Mouse goodies
  • Sizzix Big Shot and dies
  • Woodware goodies
This is a great mag for last minute cards and I believe hits the shops today, so go out and buy it.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget