Saturday, 3 November 2012

Rocking Reindeer

Soooooo, it would seem that weekend posts from me may be becoming a bit more frequent.  Once again, I post this weekend in order to enter some challenges.

This time I am entering:

Here is my card:




To make this, I stamped the reindeer with black ink onto white card.  The stamp came from a free set I got with last month's issue of Simply Homemade.  I then coloured with promarkers and layered this onto a circle of black card.


The papers are all from my new Dovecraft Merry Magic paper pack, and the colours fit the V for Vibrant and so fit well with the ABC Challenge.  I have also used four papers - the background paper and three smaller pieces of paper - so this fits that part of the recipe on the Incy Wincy blog.  All of the paper were layered onto black card to ensure they stood out.


The two ribbons from the recipe were used to make a bloom of pink and black, using pink grosgrain ribbon and thin satin black ribbon.  This was then topped with a snowflake, to be one of the brads from the recipe.


The other two brads are provided by the silver Christmas Trees on the image.

I think this is a perfect untraditional Christmas card for maybe a teenage girl.

I hope you like it.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

9 comments:

  1. Adorable, absolutely adorable!!! Love the image and cute papers. Love the non-traditional Christmas colors too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet little reindeer. Love him. Thanks for joining in the sketch fun with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly I love your card, this is such a cute image of the reindeer, love your colours and design papers. Your ribbon flower is so pretty what a great idea. This is a lovely Christmas card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card... I really need to get my "Christmas" on with my card making!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Blessings to you Holly!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have used the perfect paper, it goes so well with the adorable image. Thanks for joining us a SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Holly, what perfect papers with this adorable image. thanks so much for sharing your card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card thanks for following or recipe at Incy Wincy hope to see you again nxt week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Holly. Cute paper and reindeer. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Love, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable image and perfect papers to go with it. Fab job with the sketch too. I love those silver trees on the image panel-nice touch there. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget