Sunday, 4 November 2012

Shining Star

Sooooo, I once again bring you another card this weekend.  I must be feeling particularly creative this weekend after spending the week at the sewing machine not being particularly creative at all.

Anyway, once again, with this card I would like to enter some challenges, and I am entering this card for:


Anyway, here is my card:


I have made this for my eldest niece, Georgia, and chose a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece with dark hair to match hers.  I stickle glittered the snowflakes on the image and the fur trimming on the little girl's coat to add sparkle.  To be fair, the Add Sparkle theme was probably made for me due to my magpie tendencies when it comes to anything sparkly.

Anyway, back to the card.  I cut the edges of the image with my wavy scissors, to mirror the edge of the tartan paper, which I had cut with these also, as this was part of the sketch.

I layered the image onto some Merry Christmas paper from the Lili of the Valley Classic Christmas paper pad, which I in turn layers onto some tartan paper from the same pad and then again onto some more Merry Christmas paper.  

I wrapped the whole of this with a piece of red Merry Christmas ribbon from my stash and then attached it to a red card blank from my stash - probably from an old Let's Make Cards kit.

To finish the card, I stamped two tags - 'oh Christmas tree' and a blank - from the Lili of the Valley Christmas tags set onto white card with forest moss distress ink.  On the blank tag I wrote' niece in red' but decided I didn't like it, so went over it in brown.  The effect of the two is quite good.

I punched a snowflake from some red paper and covered in red glitter.  I then attached this to the 'niece' tag and attached to the top right hand corner of the image.

I then attached the other tag to the opposite corner and finished with a red Wild Orchid rose.  I have actually recently bought a die to make my own roses, but I've had a go and need more practice.  In the meantime, I'll carry on buying the Wild Orchid roses from the Lili of the Valley shop in Farsley.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

3 comments:

  1. Totally precious image and wonderfully coloured!! Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your niece will absolutely adore this card. Your coloring is incredible! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning creation!
    Gorjuss colours and love your sweet wee image
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Lili’s Little Fairies this time
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget