Saturday, 17 November 2012

Snow Bears

Soooo, I now bring you my second card of the weekend.  Now that I am back home from an afternoon shopping with the Grandmama (very proud of myself for not buying anything) and having a niece lay across my knee for an hour or so - I think she may be starting with a cold (and she's in trouble) - I can get on with making some cards before going to see my friend for tea at the pub at the bottom of the road (I don't seem to travel far these days).

And here it is:



This card is going to be entered into the following challenges:

The Ribbon Girl (add sparkle) - http://ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/november-card-challenge.html
Raise The Bar (Bears) - http://raisethebarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
Sweet Stampin' (There's No People Like Snow People) - http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/theres-no-people-like-snow-people.html
Fab 'n' Funky (Let's See Those Bears) - http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-147-lets-see-those-bears.html

To make this card, I followed the sketch from a last week on http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/:  


I used a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece (before my craft fair next weekend I want to make a card using each of the mini masterpieces I have - wish me luck!) and some free papers I got with an old issue of Crafts Beautiful.  The ribbon is from my stash.

This was a little faffier than I originally intended it to be because rather than use a white blank and add some green card as a backing paper, I just deciding to use a green blank (they need using up). So I attached the image to the ribbon first, then attached this to the backing papers, wrapped the ribbon around the edges (it always looks so much better than frayed edges) and then attached the whole thing to the card.  Easy peasy once I'd stopped sticking my fingers together with double-sided tape (my sticking material of choice).

To finish, I stamped and coloured some holly, cut out and stuck to the card and the added Stickles glitter to the fur on the Santa hats (you can see this better in the picture below).

Now, I might have time to make another before going to the pub, I might not.  If not, I will do some more when I get back - don't fear I will be sober (I don't drink!).

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


6 comments:

  1. Great card, beautifully coloured! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable image, expertly coloured. Great patterned papers too.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card and super cute way to use this image! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge. I hope you join in on the fun again soon!

    Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card, thank you for sharing your bear with us at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck!!

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, such a sweet image and a lovely card.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful card - so cute! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget