Sunday, 18 November 2012

Snowy Teddy

Sooooo, I have been a busy bee making cards this weekend (no doubt more to come too, but I will settle down to a spot of sewing this afternoon I think) and here is another one:



This is snowy teddy and will be entered into the following challenges:

The Crafty Pad (it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas) - http://thecraftypad.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/197-its-beginning-to-look-lot-like.html
Raise the Bar (bears) - http://raisethebarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
Fab 'n' Funky (let's see those bears) - http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/challenge-147-lets-see-those-bears.html

So, the inspiration for this card actually came from an old sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, which I decided to follow.  

I love this image, which is a Lili of the Valley mini mastepriece and wanted to theme the card around the colours in the image, so blues and browns.  I love this image so much, I may treat myself to the stamp, so I can do some in pink too.  Only problem is my colouring is no where near as good as Bev Rochester's (who provided the colouring for the mini masterpieces).

I chose an ivory card blank and papers from the LOTV Frosty Christmas paper pad.  

I cut the image into a circle (they come as squares) and inked the edges in brushed corduroy distress ink (to pull in the brown).  I then cut a scalloped circle from one of the plainer papers in the pack and attached the image to this.  

I decided to go for a snowflake theme (my wedding in 5 weeks (aaargh!) is blue and snowflaked themed, so I apologise if we get a lot of cards that theme - I am addicted), so I chose snowflakey papers and the merry christmas paper, which I love and saves having to put a sentiment on the card.  I inked the edges of these papers too.  

I then assembled the sketch, using some blue twine, some blue gems and a glittery snowflake from my stash to finish off.  I also added little splodges of stickles to some of the snow blobs on the image, because you can never have too much sparkle.

I've left the bottom of the card blank because (a) it looks good like that and (b) it can be personalised if a customer wants it to be.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, sweet image and great bp. Thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous one of my fav images too. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky.

    Beccy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwe this is so darn cute! Love the image and adore the blues! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so DARLING!!! I love the papers you've chosen too to go with this image! Lovely!!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Ted christmas card Holly !! Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget