Saturday, 3 November 2012

Winter Birthday

Soooo, another blog post for you this weekend - I am spoiling you aren't I?  That's three so far this weekend, and I have scheduled another three for you later on.

Anyway, the reason, again., for this weekend post is to enable me to put forward another challenge blog entry, to enter:

I decided to make a card for my niece's birthday at the end of the month and this is my card:



To make this card I used purple spotty paper from my Dovecraft Back to Basics paper pack and I inked the edges with dusty concord distress ink.  I then added some snowflake ribbon along the right-hand side.

I die-cut a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece to a label/frame shape and edged it with an orchid promarker.  

I then stamped (again in dusty concord) happy birthday onto a piece of white card and used the orchid promarker to edge the piece of card.  I then attached this to the bottom right hand corner of the card, slightly overlapping the image.

To finish, I added two purple snowflakes to the top left-hand side of the card and then added white Wild Orchid roses over the top of these.  Finally, I added stickles glitter to the band on the crown, some of the falling snow on the image and some of the stars on the image.

I think that this is a lovely image for a winter birthday, and having a winter birthday myself, I would love to receive something similar.  I just hope my card has done the image differently.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Holly :-) the image is so very cute and I love the snowflake ribbon and paper ,, so pretty :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Lili's Little Fairies Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget