Saturday, 10 November 2012

Yellow Fairy

Sooooo, I've finally managed to escape for a few minutes to my bedroom for some peace and quiet - I have my nieces for the afternoon and they are talking me to death!

Anyway, I take this moment's peace and quiet to bring you a card I made this morning using one of my new Lili of the Valley stamps - Fairy with Dove.

I am going to enter this for the following challenges:

Fab n Funky - http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - where the theme is a bingo board game.  You choose a line and your card has to comply with that line.  I chose the 'Twine; Vintage; Distressing' line.
Eclectic Ellapu - http://eclecticellapu.blogspot.co.uk/ - where the theme is Vintage.
Lili's Little Fairies - http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/anything-goes.html - where the theme is Bright & Beautiful.
Sweet Stampin - http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/anything-goes.html - where the theme is Anything Goes.

So, this is my card:


I've kept this one pretty simple, so I don't image it will win any prizes, but I do like it.

To make this card, I stamped the image with London Fog (grey) Memento ink.  I then coloured the image in using the following distress inks: brushed corduroy (for the hair, shoes and branch); mustard yellow (for her dress); forest moss (for the leaves); broken china (for the spots on the dress and the flowers in the hair); and dusty concord (for the flowers on the branch).  To finish the image, I coloured her skin using an Ivory promarker and added Stickles glitter to the wings.

I then used brushed corduroy distress ink on the edges of the image and matted the same to a piece of yellow card, which I had also edged with distress ink.  In fact, all edges on this card were edged with brushed corduroy distress ink.

I used a yellow blank from my stash and cut some yellow patterned paper to size and fixed this to the card.  I love this paper as it has an aged, vintage, look and I love the flowers on it.  I then layers some brown card onto some yellow card and attached this to the top right hand corner of the card.  Along the bottom I added some parcel twine, adding a bow to the bottom left hand corner.  I then fixed the image layers, at an angle to the card.

To finish, I added some yellow-gold pearls to three corners of the image.

I think that the colouring with distress inks adds a vintage feel to the image, and the wings I glittered because I can't resist a bit of sparkle.

I've left this card sentiment-free as it could be used for so many things.  If I don't sell it, I will probably use it as a 'just because' card.

I hope you all like it.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Holly, what a lovely card, and I love your DP paper. Thank you for joining us for our "It's a Vintage Thing" over at Eclectic Ellapu :)S

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bright card and so summery. Great to see at this time of year. Your image is so cute and love how you've twisted it to make a diamond.

    Thanks for linking up with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a darling card, lovely job! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge, I hope to see you join us again soon!

    Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is sweet! Glad you could join us at Swet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, thank you for playing Bingo with us at Fab'n'Funky this week, good luck!!

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty
    Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
    Lili's Little Fairies
    Hugs, Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, so pretty! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget