Thursday, 27 December 2012

A Fairy Thank You



Soooo, despite my promise to myself that I was having a rest over Xmas, I got bored and when I get bored I, first of all, tidy my craft room (it's looking pretty), and secondly, start crafting (thereby making a mess of my craft room, but never mind).

So I started this card last night while my other half was working and finished this morning while he was watching TV:

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Sassy Studio Designs - Thank You Cards
Lili's Little Fairies - Something New
Flutterby Wednesdays - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes

I have made this card following the sketch, but rotated through 90 degrees, and the Lili of the Valley fairy with bumble bee stamp, which although not brand new, this is the first time I have used it on a card, so I think that counts as new.



If that doesn't satisfy the Lili's Little Fairy's requirement, I have used my NEW circle punch (bought in a raid on Hobbycraft yesterday), new flower stamp, which I got in the latest issue of Simply Homemade (review here) and this is the first time I have used the Thank You stamp.

The image was stamped in Versa Fine blank ink and coloured in distress inks.  The flowers and thank you were stamped in the same ink, but coloured with promarkers.  The papers are from a paper pack I got with last month's Crafts Beautiful (review here) and from my stash.  The ribbon also came from my stash.

I think I will give this card to my grandma, as she has been good to me this Christmas and birthday (the voucher I got for Xmas allowing me to do said raid on Hobbycraft yesterday and helping me out of near disaster re the wedding, which I will blog about later - I'm still working on correcting it).

Anyway, I hope she likes it, and I hope you do too.  Not sure if I will get chance to make any more cards before the big day on Saturday soooooo . . . 

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


16 comments:

  1. What a lovely fresh card I love the effect it gives colouring image with distress inks thanks for joining us at SSD for DTBST#157 challenge.

    Hugs

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. love the happy spring colors, after getting lots of snow last night it is good to see flowers! Very cute image. Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to rotate the sketch. Thanks so much for joining in the sketch fun this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, how sweet it is!!! Darling image, perfect for spring. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and Happy New Year.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image. I love how you have colored it up and love the cute flowers. I am already for spring to come even though we haven't gotten much snow yet. Have a wonderful New Year! Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Holly your card is lovely this is such a cute image and I love all you colours you've used and you wonderful embellishments they're perfect and go so well with your ribbon. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck. Happy New Year.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love LoTV stamps - and this image is just perfect for a Thank You!! You colored her up beautifully, very SWEET card!! Always look forward to seeing your cards here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you Holly and Congrats!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card Holly! How refreshing to see the spring-like colors here with that darling LOTV stamp. Your grandmother will adore this card as much as I do. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet image and card. Thank you so much for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful card. I so like those LOTV images, and you've used this one to perfection. Thank you for taking the time to enter this week's challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love how you colored this so softly! Thank you so much for joining us at Sassy Studios DTBST!

    Alaine - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great creation hun! Hope you have a great New Year! Thanks for playing along at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz, and good luck.

    Caz CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet card! Thank you for joining us this week at the Dare to be Sassy Challenge at Sassy Studio Designs. I hope you play along with us again soon.

    Jackie, SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Holly. Thanks for joining in the Lili's Little Fairies 'something new' challenge. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  16. soft and delicate - love the glitter and the linear placement! thanks so much for sharing your sweet creation with the Charisma Galz - hope you'll be back to play again soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget