Monday, 3 December 2012

Gingerbread Man's First Christmas

Soooo, this is just a quick post this evening to share a card I made over the weekend and want to enter into this week's Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge, along with the Come and Get It Challenge, where the colour challenge blog is Blue and the Totally Gorjuss challenge, where the theme is Anything Goes - with glitter:



The card was made using this week's sketch:



I also used a gingerbread man digi stamp from Pink Gem Designs, which I coloured using distress inks for the body of the gingerbread man and the hat.  The holly was coloured using my new watercolour pencils, as were his cheeks.

The backing papers are a mixture of Lili of the Valley Frosty Christmas and Krafty Christmas pads, Nigel May's A-May-Zing Christmas Crafting CD Rom and Birds Cards free snowflake papers.

To finish, the ribbon, twine and jingle bells were from my stash and I printed the sentiment.  I also glittered the pom pom and trim of the hat (although you can't really tell from the picture)

I hope you like this.  I made this for a friend and she seemed to really like it.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

9 comments:

  1. What a fun card, great image and perfect for a babies first Christmas. Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love this adorable image. I think I might have to go purchase this one it is so cute. I love your color scheme and darling papers too. Thanks for joining SSW this week/
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sweet this is! What a beautiful image for a baby's first Christmas. I love your soft colors and those pretty papers. Well done with the sketch too. So glad you could play along with us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww, how absolutely adorable!!! Such a sweet image for baby's 1st Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Holly what a wonderful first Christmas card for a baby it's just so cute. I do love this image and your wonderful colours and embellishments this card is totally adorable. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious card for baby's first Christmas!! I love your papers - I have that LotV paper pack and just love it!! Very sweet card - I love to see your cards here at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!! So glad you joined us once again!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great first Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Christmas card Holly, that little Gingerbread man is adorable. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card, great designer papers!

    Glad you joined us for the challenge at Come And Get It, good luck!
    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´ Shell in Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget