Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Little Bundle of Joy

Soooo, I told you I would no doubt post something today, and here it is:



This is a card I made for a friend to welcome her great niece into the world.

I will be entering this into this week's Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge, as although I already had the image and frame die-cut, I hadn't started to make the card until this morning, when I saw the sketch for this week and decided to go with that layout.

Here is the sketch:


As it is for a baby girl, I decided to go with the traditional pink theme and, other than the frame, which I already had cut, carried this theme throughout the card.

I started with a A5 blank and used some freebie papers from Birds Cards.  I realised that I had no plain pink card to act as a backing for the gingham paper, so decided to improvise and colour a piece of white with an Antique Pink promarker.  It seems to have done the trick quite well.

I then wrapped this with some pink ribbon from my stash and made a little bow from the same ribbon.

I printed the little girls details and die-cut scalloped circles around these and set these out as per the sketch.  I inked the edges of the scalloped circles first, again using the Antique Pink promarker. 

I also made a few finishing touches to the card:

I stamped the sentiment in black versamark ink and cut this out, again inking the edges in Antique Pink.  I then added this to the card.  I also added some small pink buttons from my stash and added some pink roses, which I had also made.

I hope you like it.  I've not given it to my friend yet, but I hope she likes it too.

Not sure if I will have another post today - I have to go for my B12 injections and then I am spending the rest of the day with my little sister, who is home for Christmas and my wedding.

I do have a post scheduled for you tomorrow - some new bag designs.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow - You are on the ball Holly!! Such a sweet card - the picture is precious!!
    Enjoy this special time as Christmas AND your Wedding Day approaches!!
    Wishing you so many Blessings!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, you friend will love this adorable baby card. It is beautiful. I want to wish you a Merry Christmas and wish you the very best with your wedding coming up. Congratulation!!
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Holly this is a lovely card and very thoughtful of you. You really forget how tiny babies are. Pretty colours and design papers. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck. Which day are you getting married? All the very best for the Wedding and here's wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year as a married woman. Hope it's a white Wedding for you is it cold enough for snow?
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathie

      I get married on the 29th. Unfortunately, all it seems to be doing here is raining at the moment. Fingers crossed it gets a bit colder to get a little covering of frost at least so it looks pretty.

      Just need to get organised now . . . .

      Holly x

      Delete
  4. Holly,
    What a lovely card. What a fantastic gift, I am sure this card will be cherished. Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling take on this sketch! LOVE the pink gingham paper and I think this is so sweet! Please come play along with us at Technique Tuesday for our Faux Tile Challenge this month--we'd love to see your creation! Happy holidays!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is absolutely darling! And what a precious little one too! Fabulous use of the sketch to turn it into this spectacular keepsake. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous use of the sketch this week. An incredibly creative card that your friend will adore and have as a keepsake forever. So glad you could join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget