Sunday, 16 December 2012

Niece Georgia Fabulous

Soooo, this is the card I made for my other niece, Georgia:



I am entering this into the following challenges:

C.R.A.F.T - Winter
Come and Get It - Merry Christmas
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnuts - Anything Goes For Christmas
Totally Gorjuss - For Someone Special

So, Georgia had loved the idea of the easel card, as I had made one for her sister for her birthday, which you can see here.

Anyway, onto the card I made for Georgia . . .

Using a red blank, I lined the inside using red card, papers from the Lili of the Valley Classic Christmas paper pad and some ribbon from my stash, which I actually have no idea where it came from.  I also die cut a white scalloped circle to write my message on, adding green glitter pen around the edges to form a border.

I also printed my sentiment and attached this underneath the ribbon.  To finish the inside, I added glitter around the sentiment.

I then started on the front of the card . . .

Unusually for me recently, I didn't use a sketch, but used a design from my head.  I must have been feeling particularly creative.  I'm glad about this, as I have been seriously struggling from creator's block recently, hence hardly any Christmas cards have been made, and lots of sewing has been done.

Anyway, I started by die-cutting a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece into a scalloped circle, and then die-cutting a larger circle from green card.  I chose this image as the little girl had brown hair, like Georgia, and was also holding a little rabbit teddy.  Georgia has a little rabbit called William, which she has had since she was born and still doesn't leave home without - I have been known to go collect William for her if she has accidentally left him behind when she is stopping somewhere and I am the only person sober enough to drive!  Anyway, this image just reminded me of the two of them.


I Stickle glitter glued the fur parts of the image and set to one side to dry while I worked on the rest.

I chose two different papers for the 'front' of the card - one on each side of the fold.  Again, these are Lili of the Valley Classic Christmas papers.

I also cut a rectangle of 'Merry Christmas' paper, backed this with red card and attached it so that it would be behind the image.

Once I had attached the image, to finish the card, I attached a glittery snowflake from my stash, along with three red roses from Wild Orchid, which are available in the Lili of the Valley shop in Farsley.  I also added Stickles glitter glue to the centre of each rose to make it sparkle, but as Georgia has pointed out to me, it makes them look really wintry, as the sparkles could be frost.

Georgia seems to love her card and I hope you do too.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx





4 comments:

  1. Lovely easel - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 103 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable card, lovely image & details!

    Thanks for joining us for the Challenge at Come And Get It, good luck!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.•´ .•´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.•´ ..•´Shell in Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Fabulous design..such a cute image & I love those papers.. Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu... May x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable! Thank you for playing along this week at Come and Get It!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget