Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Relax!


Soooo, today I would like to show you a card I made recently.  I warn you - it may be a bit bright for this time of year but I am now bored of the dull and dreary wintriness.



Anyway, this card was made for my colleague, Lynda, who retires at Christmas.  It looks nothing like the original plan in my head, but as is so often the case, the card evolved as I was making it.

I started out with the digistamp, which is a freebie from Dearie Dolls.  I'd decided to go for the relax theme and thought a hammock would fit in with that perfectly - on a nice tropical beach and I would make some bright tropical flowers, and then I found this image when search hammock dig stamps and my idea changed completely.

I coloured the image with Promarkers and added a bit of glitter to the ladybird's wings using some Stickles glitter glue. 

I decided to use a red card to tie in the ladybird, and I was originally going to use some red and white roses I bought last time I was at the Lili of the Valley store.  As you can see, this didn't work out. 

Looking through my craft stash for some gardeny papers, I remembered that I got the ones I have used in the last issue of Crafts Beautiful (which I reviewed here).  These went well with the image, so I ended up going for an English Country Garden theme, as all retired people garden don't they?  I used two papers from the same pack.  The bottom paper already has a bit of a border on it, which I liked because it meant I didn’t have to trawl through my stash looking for some coordinating ribbon to hide the join.  I really do need a better way of storing my ribbon other than in boxes piled high on my desk.

I then backed the image with some red card and attached it to the card.  I printed the sentiment and rounded the corners (a technique I have seen on many cards and like) and attached this to the side of the image like a little tag.

I moved away from the red and white roses idea when I decided that it just didn't go with the bright colour theme that had developed.  So I raided by paper flowers (most of which have come from various Dovecraft packs) using two contrasting colours for each and finishing with a clear gem in the middle of each.

I thought that the card still needed something else, so I raided my button stash and found the three pink flower buttons, which I attached using some sticky dots.

Et Voila!  One retirement card.  It took me a fair while to make, but that is because I kept changing my mind . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget