Tuesday, 18 December 2012

The Blue Fairy

Sooo, another post for you tonight, and this is the card that I made my Mother for Christmas:


 I am entering this into the following challenges:

CRAFT Challenge - Winter
Flutter By Wednesday - Open Challenge

To make this card, I used a small Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece and went with my new favourite card shape - the Easel.

All the papers I used are from the Lili of the Valley Frosty Christmas paper pad.  I also inked a few edges using broken china distress ink.

To start with, I lined the inside with some darker paper, which I wrapped in some blue stripy ribbon from a Tilda pack I got free when I subscribed to Simply Homemade magazine.  I finished the inside with a kraft oval, which was a left over cut out from a die-cut frame, but made a great panel to write on.

I then started on the front.  I folded the card in half to form the easel and then inked all edges, including the central fold.  I then attached some snowfall and some Merry Christmas paper.  I also cut a rectangle of paper to attach to the back of the image.  Unfortunately, when I came to stick this to the card, I slipped, and as such is attached at a funny angle and wouldn't unstick, so it will be staying like that.  I then attached the image over the top.  Both of these were only attached to the bottom half of the front of the card, so when easeled, they both stick up above the fold.

To finish the card, I coloured a 'mother' peel off in blue promarker and attached to the bottom of the inside of the card.  I also attached a blue rose to the bottom right-hand corner. I added stickles glitter glue to both the inner petals of the rose and the fur on the fairy's dress.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget