Saturday, 22 December 2012

Wedding Couple

Soooo, today I would like to bring you a non-Christmas-related post.

This is a card I made with one of the newer Lili of the Valley mini masterpieces, which I made to enter the following challenges:

Allsorts Challange Blog - Its As Plain As Black & White
Totally Gorjuss - Easy Does It
Lili's Little Fairies - Something New.


As I used a LOTV mini masterpiece, this was a fairly simple card to make.

I think I half-made it with my upcoming wedding in mind - a week today, and no, despite my organisational OCD, I am not prepared!!!!  Who's bright idea was it to get married at Christmas anyway, oh, yeah, that's right - it was mine.  I'm sure there was a reason for it at the time, but at the moment I can't remember that reason :-/

Anyway, back to the card.  As I said, this was fairly easy to make, and so fits with the Totally Gorjuss theme (which I won last week by the way - soo excited!).

Using a white square blank, I layered some black card, then some white card, after wrapping in in some black lace ribbon I had in my stash.  I also layered the image onto black card, and then attached it to the card.

To finish, I picked out the colour in the bride's bouquet and made a pinky-coloured flower fro m some flower die-cuts in my stash.  I stamped in black the centre of the flower with 'Bride and Groom' from the Lili of the Valley postmark sentiments set.

I love the simplicity of this card and would be quite happy to receive a similar one for my wedding.  I may sell this, I may save it for a friend who is getting married next year, we shall see.

Now, I am afraid I am unlikely to post again this weekend, as life is about to get hectic - off to pick up my wedding dress this morning (hope I haven't put on too much weight), then I have my sister's Christmas presents to finish, then tomorrow I have to pick up my tiaras and crystal bouquets, then Monday I am working (and it's my birthday), then its Christmas, then Boxing Day (which is usually spent with the family), Thursday I will no doubt be flapping about with last minute preparations, Friday I have more preparations, and then it is the wedding!!!!!  And breathe . . . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

2 comments:

  1. A really elegant wedding card Holly.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly you sound quite organised to me, secondly this is a lovely card and you are right sometimes you need a quick make, thirdly thanks for taking the to play along with a
    Us at Allsorts. Happy birthday and happy Christmas, happy wedding too Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget