Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Winter Bear

Sooo, my final post for this evening before I sit down to watch Paul & Mary on the Christmas Special Bake Off, and it is the card I made for my Dad and Step-mother for Christmas:



I am entering this into the following challenges:


Phil (my fiance looking unimpressed
I'm taking a photo) and Georgia
 decorating the tree
This card I actually make with the 'help' of my niece, Georgia.  We had had a Christmas day - decorating the Christmas Tree (for what use I was with a trapped nerve in my back), made gingerbread biscuits (which we ate all of) and made cranberry sauce (to my special, secret recipe).  We decided to finish the day by making some Christmas cards, but in actual fact ended up with time to only make one.

Georgia inked the edge of a small Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece using broken china distress ink.  This was the first time she had tried this technique and although she was a little heavy handed, it actually looks quite good.  This cute image always makes me smile, as did the look of concentration on Georgia's face while she was inking the edges.  I love this image because even though the poor bear is stood in the snow, I still feel warm when I look at it.

I also very lightly inked the embossing on the card blank, just to bring it out a bit, but you can't really tell from the photographs.

The card blank I used already had a ready-made void in which to put my image. It was, however bigger than my image, so I covered the void in some blue Christmas trees paper from the Lili of the Valley Frosty Christmas paper pack and then added the image centrally.

I didn't think the card needed much more, as the embossing already provided plenty of detail.  So, I simply added a blue flower which I had made for some reason a while ago from paper die-cuts and I stamped some Lili of the Valley Christmas sentiment tags using broken china distress ink and attached these under the flower.

The step-mother seemed to like it anyway, and I hope you do too.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



4 comments:

  1. no wonder she liked it -it's beautiful love the cute image and paper thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
    carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, darling bear! Thanks for joining with us at Twisted Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card. Love all the embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Twisted Tuesday and good luck. Hugs, Gale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, I love the embossing, its beautiful, love the image and those little tags
    Thanks for taking part in our winter challenge over at Fashionista and good luck
    Julie x
    My blog
    Pennys Challenges DT member
    Fashionista DT member
    Forever Friends DT member
    Brown Sugar Challlenges DT member
    OSAAT DT member


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget