Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Another Fairy Thank You



Soooo, fairies seem to be a theme of my thank you cards so far.  I have made others, and will post them eventually, but for now I thought I would share this one, mostly so it is in time to enter into this week's Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge, as I followed their sketch:


So, this card will be entered into the following challenges:


To fit in with the Lili's Little Fairies 'something new', I coloured the image (LOTV Fairy with Dove) with my new watercolour pencils, which my (now) husband bought me just before Christmas, but I have only been practising with them up until now.  To finish the image, I used stickles glitter glue for the fairy's wings.

The papers are from a Boofle paper pack and the ribbon is from my stash.  I think I won this on a Let's Make Cards Twitter competition and this is the first time I have used it, but I wanted something to go with my green and brown earthy theme, and it also picks up the flowers in the papers.

The sentiments are punched from some Wellington paper with my new circle punch and stamped using LOTV postage mark sentiment stamps with Forest Moss distress ink.  All edges have also been edged with the same.

I really like this card and the effect of the watercolour pencils.  I think I will use them more often.  

Not sure who this thank you will be going to, but I have plenty of candidates - I have 30 to make!!!!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

p.s. normal posts resume tomorrow as I am back at work :-(



6 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. Love that pretty bow and ribbon along with the daring image.
    Happy you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. the water color pencils are really beautiful. I love your image and fun papers. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that ribbon you used - getting married has not slowed you down one bit!! I was waiting to see if there would be a second card this week ;-)
    Always love seeing your creations!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww, pure sweetness here! I love your darling little fairy image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful creation hun! Thanks for joining in this week at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely card Holly ...you've been busy! Good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget