Saturday, 12 January 2013

Blue Butterfly

Soooo, nearly there on my bombardment catch-up, just this one and one more and then we are done (for today anyway).

This card was actually an order from my friend, Helen:



I am entering it into the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - something new
Flutterby Wednesdays - open challenge
Lili's Little Fairies - charms and/or two backing papers

I used my new favourite shape, the easel card to make this card, using a purple blank.

The image is a Lili of the Valley mini masterpiece, which I backed onto some pearlescent blue paper, which my friend, Nat, gave me.

The two papers (front and inside) are both from a Boofle paper pack.  The inside paper I wrapped with blue grosgrain ribbon from my stash - probably from an old Let's Make Cards kit.

I used my new alphabet stamps to stamp 'niece' in black Versamark ink and then coloured in broken china distress ink.

I finished the inside by using some new blue flat backed gems in the bottom right-hand corner.

I decorated the top half of the front of the card by adding a silver 'Birthday Fun!' rub-on to the right hand side, and some tiny purple flat backed gems (from Dovecraft).  I added these to the centre of the three purple flowers on the right hand side of the backing paper.

To the bottom half of the front of the card I added the image, slightly to the left.  I also added a flower I found in my stash.  I had actually forgotten that I had this, so although it is not technically new, it is new to me.  I have no idea where I got this, or how it ended up in my stash to be forgotten about it.  The flower was originally white, but I decided to ink the edges  of the petals with dusty concord distress ink.  I also decided that the centre was not bright enough, so I inked this with mustard yellow distress ink.

To the top right of the image, I added a blue sparkly butterfly from my stash.  I got this in a set of butterflies from The Works, when it was good (not so much now I am discovering - more about that in a later post).  This was my last one of this butterfly, so I am a bit in mourning that I can't get any more, but I couldn't resist using it as it goes with the image so well, echoing the blue butterflies in the image, and it is soooo sparkly and pretty.

I hope Helen liked the card.  I do!

Happy Crafting!

Holly 
xx


3 comments:

  1. Hi Holly, what a beautiful card! The papers and embellishments are lovely!!
    The easel card is fantastic...I think I might try one of theose some day! :-)
    Hugs, Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card Holly. Lovely image, beautifully coloured with stunning card design. Thank you for joining us this week at TPC Challenge.
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty, the image is just darling! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget