Sunday, 13 January 2013

Fan of the Geisha

Sooooo, here is my second (and probably final) card of this evening:



I am entering this into the following challenges:


This card is another order from Helen's mum and I made it using my last medium-sized Geisha Girl LOTV mini masterpiece.  I like this image so much that I Think I will go buy the actual stamp next time the shop is open on a Saturday.

I chose once again to go with the colour theme on the image, so I used a pink card blank and the backing paper is from a Dovecraft Princess Fairytales paper pack, which I haven't used for a while.

The frame is die-cut from some pink paper in my stash and I die-cut the mini masterpiece into an oval to fit in the middle.

Behind the image and the frame, I wrapped the card in some sheer organza ribbon, topped with some thin white satin ribbon.

I printed the 'Granddaughter' sentiment in pale blue, and cut it into a tag shape.  I also edged it with a pink promarker to make it stand out a bit more and added it under the frame.

My something new is the heart pin in between the two blue roses in the top right hand corner.  The pin was a freebie with last month's Simply Homemade.  I thought this would echo the chopsticks/pins in the Geisha Girl's hair. The roses are from Wild Orchid Flowers and match the flower's in the girl's hair, albeit the opposite colour.  

Finally, I made a fan out of some pink spotty paper, tied it with some ribbon and attached it to the bottom right of the card.  I hope that this echoes the fan in the image and ties everything together.

I hope Helen's mum likes it.  I like the softness and girliness of it.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


9 comments:

  1. This is a totally sweet card! I love the little fan to complement the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW das ist eine bezaubernde Karte geworden.
    Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei Cards and More.
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card in sweet colours, thanx for joining us at Cards und More, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Image and a great card Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty card and a cute image too! thank you for joining us at TPC this week. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card pretty die cut too!
    Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Allsorts, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card and you have colored her beautifully. Thanks for playing along this week at Come and Get it Challenges.
    Karal GDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I really really really love these beautyful colors!

    Thank you for joining us at Cards and More :)

    Hugs
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. another stunning card!
    Thank you for joining us this week at cards and more.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget