Saturday, 12 January 2013

Geisha Girl

Sooo, I have yet another card to share with you tonight (and more to come - I need to catch up!):



I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Flutterby Wednesdays - open challenge
Lili's Little Fairies - charms/two backing papers
Craft Creations - something new

I used this card as a thank you card for the staff at The Old Barn in Esholt, which is where my wedding was held (photos will follow when I have them from our photographer).

I made this card using my new Geisha Girl mini masterpiece from Lili of the Valley.  I inked the edges with victorian velvet distress ink, which I also used to stamp 'Thank You Very Much'  using a stamp from Lili of the Valley's postmark sentiments set.

I chose to go with a colour scheme to match the geisha girl's dress, so chose some turquoise backing paper from an paper pack I got with the second ever issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft I bought.

From some pink paper from the same paper pack, I also cut out a fan shape.  I did this by drawing round a pin holder, which I got with a recent issue of Simply Homemade, which was a perfect shape and now my new fan template.  I also inked the edges of this.

I decided to tie in the butterflies from the papers by adding a butterfly I made from three different papers, one of which was from the same paper pack, some wire and some crystals from my stash.  I'm not sure if this counts as a charm or not for the Lili's Little Fairies theme, but I have used two backing papers, so that satisfies the conditions for this week's challenge.

To finish the card, I added a blue ribbon to the corner of the fan.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. I love the image and the butterfly is super. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaackkk...I love Geisha images and butterflies...I am so in love with everything about your card from the DP, to the image, to the sentiment! Lovely indeed!
    Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday this week.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so pretty! Love how the beautiful butterfly embellishment is echoed in the papers. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Creations Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and sweet! What a great card!Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget