Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Let's Make Cards - Issue 58


Soooooooooooooooo, I think I am finally up to date on my reviews - this issue only hit the shops on Friday, so normal service seems to be resuming.

Anyway, this dropped through my letterbox last Wednesday - I was shocked - first that I hadn't has to chase it at all this month and second that it was in actual fact early!!!!!  Anyway, I didn't have time to read through it on Wednesday - I was far too busy watching Tuesday Night's Stargazing Live (for the stars, not Prof Brian Cox of course.  Not!) and then I went to the cinema with my friend, Amy, to see The Hobbit.  So I finally managed to have a quick look through the kit and read the magazine on my lunchbreak on Thursday before settling down to write this review.

This issue's kit is Parisian Chic themed and contains the following:

card blanks - with envelopes this time
shaped card blanks
backing papers
borders
ribbons
lace
buttons
flat-backed pearls
flat-backed gems
bird embellishments
chandlier rubber stamp
die-cuts
chipboards
decoupage sheet

As always, the first feature in the magazine is how to make cards using just the kit.  My favourite is 'musical mini; featuring sweet butterflies.  I also like 'lots of luck' which also features butterflies.

The Crafter's Guide to  . . . achieving a distressed effect is a great guide for those wanted to get started with distressed effects, with info on wgar you need to get started, different techniques and even a tutorial.

Go Your Own Way is an interesting read - on how to not follow the usual rules.  It includes clashing colours, shaped blanks, layout and CAS cards.

Steampunk Style was quite a useful article for me, as I love this style, but have been a little unsure on how to get started, as it is such a different style to the usual flowery, girly cards I make.  Anyway, this feature has info on what kind of things you will need in your craft stash in order to get started.  There is a quick tutorial on how to make a trinket box and a fascinator, but the magazine is Let's Make Cards, so a card would have been nice!

Other projects this issue are:

4 ways with dainty ribbons, including bows and borders
Use the Graphic Silhouette CAMEO to make pretty notelets
shaped makes
top makes with your chandelier stamp
score crease and create folded cards
papercutting effects
never-ending card
love those layers

Tutorials this issue include:

ways with ribbon
how to distress a tag
how to make custom envelopes
how to get the looped ribbon look
how to use shrink plastic
how to stamp a valentines card
how to make a gatefold card
how to make a fringed flower

Finally, this issue, you can win:

a floor lamp from uk.daylightcompany.com
CD-Roms from craftartist.com
iris folding kits from deecraft.co.uk
tickets to the Make It & Knit & Stitch shows in Farnborough
Gutermann beads
ribbons from Berisfords

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget